- 2/3 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/8 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, 5 inches wide
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Combine tomatoes, cheese, olives, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl.
Preheat grill to medium.
Discard mushroom stems. Remove brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon; discard gills. Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over both sides of the caps.
Oil a grill rack (see Tip). Place the caps on the rack, stem sides down, cover and grill until soft, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and fill with the tomato mixture. Return to the grill, cover, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 122
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Potassium: 431mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2