- 2 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce, (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups mung bean sprouts
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink and beginning to curl, about 1 minute. Transfer the shrimp to a plate (it will finish cooking later).
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan over high heat. Add snow peas, shiitakes and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk sherry, hoisin, soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper in a small bowl.
Stir bean sprouts, the cooked shrimp and the sherry mixture into the snow pea mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is slightly thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Potassium: 509mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2