- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, or other small waxy thin-skinned potatoes (about 10), scrubbed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, or soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, (1-2 stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon diced gherkin pickles
- 2 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Hard-cook eggs (see Tip). Peel eggs and chop coarsely.
Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with lightly salted water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; let cool for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, anchovy paste and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add vinegar and salt; toss gently to coat. Add bell pepper, onion, celery, parsley, gherkins, capers, chives, chopped eggs and the mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 119
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Potassium: 97mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1