- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 14-ounce c artichoke hearts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, Parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper and the bell pepper mixture.
Set a rack about 4 inches from the heat source; preheat the broiler.
Brush the pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and tilt to distribute evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the bottom is light golden, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, 3 to 4 minutes. Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the top is set, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a platter and cut into wedges.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 432mg
- Potassium: 639mg
- Sodium: 734mg
- Exchanges: 3 vegetable , 2 1/2 lean protein, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: