- 1 cup bulgur
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slabs
- 2 sweet onions, such as Vidalia, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
Place bulgur and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add boiling water and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and let soak until tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high. Place a fine-mesh nonstick grill topper on the grill to heat.
Place zucchini, onions, portobellos and tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender, turning once or twice. Allow 8 to 10 minutes for zucchini and onions, 6 to 8 minutes for mushrooms, and 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes.
Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the zucchini, onions and mushrooms. Cut the tomatoes in half.
When the bulgur is tender, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, parsley and mint; toss to mix. Add the vegetables and toss. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 455mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1