- 1/3 cup dry sherry, (see Note)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 20-ounce c pineapple rings, plus 1/3 cup juice from the can
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
Whisk sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and the 1/3 cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Potassium: 238mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2