- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 12 raw shrimp, (6-8 per pound; see Note), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion greens
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss onions, oil and salt in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan until coated. Cover with foil. Bake until softened and juicy, about 45 minutes.
Remove foil, stir and continue baking, uncovered, until the onions around the edges of the pan are lightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Stir in orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Bake until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in scallion greens and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 314
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Potassium: 581mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1