- 1 1/2 pounds halibut steak
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon very finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small clov garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
To bake halibut: Preheat oven to 300°F.
Set halibut on a large sheet of foil, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bring together sides and ends of foil and seal into a tent, leaving an air space on top. Transfer to a large baking dish or baking sheet. Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
To make salsa verde: Meanwhile, combine oil, parsley, shallots, capers, garlic, lemon juice and anchovy paste in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the baked halibut into 4 medallions. Spoon a little salsa verde on top of each portion and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Potassium: 789mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Exchanges: 5 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0