- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced, (about cup)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 apple, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets, (about 1/4 inch thick)
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in cranberries, orange zest and juice, sugar and vinegar; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries begin to pop and the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add grated apples and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge turkey cutlets in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in another nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the cutlets and cook until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan and cook the remaining cutlets in the same manner. Spoon the cranberry compote over the cutlets and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Potassium: 179mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 4 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2