- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12 nonstick (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray (see Tip).
Whisk eggs, egg whites and buttermilk (or milk) in a large bowl. Stir in scallions, cheese, bacon and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake until the eggs are cooked and beginning to brown on top, 25 to 28 minutes. Run a knife around edges to loosen the quiches from the cups.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add salad greens to the bowl; toss to coat with the dressing. To serve, divide the salad among 6 plates and top with tomato wedges and 2 quiches each.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 268
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- Potassium: 915mg
- Sodium: 677mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1