- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 6 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, or goat cheese
Poach chicken (see Tip). Use 2 forks to shred into bite-size pieces.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
Whisk shallot, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; add to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add the cooked chicken, radicchio, fennel, carrot and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Return the pears to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide lettuce leaves between 2 plates. Top with the warm chicken salad and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 395
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Potassium: 1058mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2