- 2 tablespoon low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 cup stemmed watercress leaves
To prepare sauce: Mix 2 tablespoons yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
To prepare burgers: Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
Combine pork, turkey, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
Grill or broil the patties until no longer pink inside and an instant-read thermometer reads at least 160°F, about 5 minutes per side. Serve the burgers on buns, topped with the sauce and watercress.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 385
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Potassium: 283mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 1/2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2