- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, (about 2 1/2 pounds), trimmed, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil or coat it with cooking spray.
Season chicken on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then rub with 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme. Place bone-side up in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat jelly, vinegar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the jelly is melted. Season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Turn the chicken meat-side up. Brush liberally with the jelly glaze. Continue to roast, brushing twice with the remaining glaze, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 52g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- Potassium: 587mg
- Sodium: 295mg
- Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 7 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1