- 6-8 ounces orecchiette, or spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 very ripe plum tomatoes, (12 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Cook orecchiette (or spaghetti) in boiling salted water until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
Rub the pasta-serving bowl with one half of a garlic clove.
Coarsely chop tomatoes and remaining garlic on a cutting board. Transfer to the serving bowl. Add salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Toss well.
Drain pasta and add to tomatoes. Toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 427
- Carbohydrates: 72g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 624mg
- Sodium: 597mg
- Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 4