- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, quartered and separated into layers
- Lemon wedges
Blend 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, cumin, cinnamon and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Mix oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Thread chicken and onion pieces alternately onto 4 or 8 skewers.
Oil the grill rack. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes, basting the cooked side with the reserved lemon-oil mixture. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 171
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Potassium: 386mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2