- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 large clov garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup prepared hot salsa, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced scallions, chopped fresh tomatoes and reduc, for garnish
Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, season chicken with salt. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring, until they start to brown around the edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño and cumin. Cook, stirring, until peppers are bright green but still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Stir in salsa and reserved chicken. Cook, stirring, until chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Spoon into warmed tortillas and garnish with scallions, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Serving: Per serving (without garn
- Calories: 303
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Potassium: 533mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 31/2 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2