- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon nonfat buttermilk, (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot, divided
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, (see Ingredient Note)
- 6 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 6 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 2 cups celery sticks
To prepare dip: Whisk sour cream, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To prepare wings: Whisk buttermilk, 2 tablespoons hot sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, whisk flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until evenly coated. (Discard remaining marinade and flour mixture.) Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon cayenne.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, placing each piece in a little oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken, reducing the heat if necessary to prevent burning. Transfer to the platter. Drizzle the chicken with the reserved hot sauce mixture. Serve with carrots, celery and Spicy Blue Cheese Dip.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Potassium: 248mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1