- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound lean leg of lamb, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 seedless oranges, unpeeled, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Preheat grill to high.
Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the herbs are finely chopped. Add yogurt and lemon juice; process until smooth. Scrape into a medium bowl, add lamb and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Thread lamb and orange slices alternately onto 8 skewers. Discard marinade.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until cooked to desired doneness, 7 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 199
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Potassium: 514mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1