- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed; see Tip) dark sweet cherr, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/3 cups chopped tomatoes, slightly underripe
- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 pound each, trimmed of fat
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
To prepare chutney: Combine cherries, onion, sugar, vinegar, ginger, mustard seed, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper in a medium nonreactive saucepan (see Note). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and continue to simmer until they are cooked through and the liquid is slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
To marinate pork: Place pork in a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag. Add 3/4 cup of the cooled chutney, chicken broth and 1 tablespoon oil. Seal the bag and turn to coat the pork with the marinade. Refrigerate the pork overnight. Refrigerate the remaining chutney.
To roast pork: Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove the pork from the marinade, shaking off excess (discard marinade). Pat the pork dry with paper towels and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over high heat in a large ovenproof skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning until browned on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the pork until just cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F in the center of the pork, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish the pork with cilantro, if using, and serve with the reserved chutney.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 507mg
- Sodium: 344mg
- Exchanges: 1 other carb, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1