- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 4 large slic country-style sourdough bread, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed baby salad greens
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Mash garlic and salt on a cutting board with the side of a knife until it's a smooth paste. Mix the paste with 1 tablespoon oil in a small dish. Lightly brush the oil mixture over portobellos and then on one side of each slice of bread.
Combine red peppers, tomato, feta, olives, vinegar, oregano and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl.
Grill the mushroom caps until tender, about 4 minutes per side; grill the bread until crisp, about 1 minute per side.
Toss salad greens with the red pepper mixture. Place the grilled mushrooms top-side down on 4 half-slices of the bread. Top with the salad mixture and the remaining bread.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 301
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Potassium: 691mg
- Sodium: 795mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2