- 12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce p extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained, rinsed and crumbled
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 25-ounce j marinara sauce, preferably lower-sodium, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse, return to the pot and cover with cold water until ready to use.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add tofu and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach wilts and the mixture is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in Parmesan, olives, crushed red pepper, salt and 2/3 cup marinara sauce.
Wipe out the pan and spread 1 cup of the remaining marinara sauce in the bottom. To make lasagna rolls, place a noodle on a work surface and spread 1/4 cup of the tofu filling along it. Roll up and place the roll, seam-side down, in the pan. Repeat with the remaining noodles and filling. (The tofu rolls will be tightly packed in the pan.) Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the rolls.
Place the pan over high heat, cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; let simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the rolls with mozzarella and cook, covered, until the cheese is melted and the rolls are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 354
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Potassium: 396mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 3 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2