- 1 pound ripe but firm small round or plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely slivered orange zest, (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless cod, or other thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish, cut into 4 equal portions
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Combine tomatoes, onions, orange zest, oil and chopped thyme in a 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir to combine.
Roast, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and brown on the edges, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450ºF.
Push the vegetables aside, add fish and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; spoon the vegetables over the fish.
Return the baking dish to the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes. To serve, divide the fish and vegetables among 4 plates and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Potassium: 528mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1