- 1/2 cup plus 2 sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 pound fresh apricots, pitted and quartered (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 9 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
To prepare filling: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, honey and rhubarb in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the rhubarb is juicy and softens slightly, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium; gradually add the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the juices thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine apricots, strawberries, orange zest and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix in the rhubarb.
To prepare crust & bake tart: Mix oil and butter in a small bowl. Cover phyllo with wax paper or plastic wrap and a slightly damp kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out. Center one sheet of phyllo in the pie pan, letting the edges hang over; gently press it into the pan. Dampen a pastry brush with water and lightly brush some of the oil-butter mixture over the phyllo. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon breadcrumbs over the bottom. Repeat with 5 more sheets of phyllo, laying each at a 45° angle to the previous one and sprinkling each with breadcrumbs.
Scrape the filling into the crust. Brush one of the remaining phyllo sheets with oil-butter mixture. Place another sheet on top at a 45° angle. Repeat with the last sheet. Place the stack on the filling. Fold the overhanging phyllo up around the tart, creating a ruffled border. Dab any remaining oil-butter mixture on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Cut 4 slits in the center for venting.
Place the tart on a baking sheet and bake until nicely browned and bubbling slightly, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature (about 1 1/2 hours). Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 268
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Potassium: 269mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3