- 1 14-ounce p extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon “lite” coconut milk, (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds, (optional)
- 1 cup steamed sugar snap peas
- 6 strawberries, hulled
- 6 orange wedges
To prepare tofu: Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium shallow dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine peanut sauce and coconut milk to make dipping sauce and fill a small container with it.
To prepare rice balls: Combine rice, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until the rice is a little sticky. With slightly wet hands, press and squeeze the rice into 4 balls. Sprinkle each ball with sesame seeds, if using.
Pack 1/2 cup of the tofu, the rice balls and snap peas in a medium container. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1 1/2 cups roasted tofu for up to 3 days.) Nestle the container of dipping sauce in the same container.
Pack strawberries and orange wedges in another medium container.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 393
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 496mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3