- 4 4-ounce boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
- 2 thin slice Swiss cheese, (1 ounce each), cut in half
- 4 dill pickle sandwich slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half
Cut each pork chop nearly in half horizontally, stopping short of the opposite side. Open each chop and place between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, slightly thicker than 1/8 inch.
Place a piece of cheese and a pickle slice on one side of each flattened chop. Fold the chop over the filling, closing it like a book. Press the edges firmly together to seal. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed chops, reduce heat to medium and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
To assemble sandwiches, spread the toasted buns with mustard and top each with a pork chop, tomato slice and lettuce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 353
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Potassium: 522mg
- Sodium: 612mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2