- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 6 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey, or chicken (12 ounces; see Tip)
- 1 large head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 large butterhead or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, or goat cheese
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
Whisk shallots, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; add to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add turkey (or chicken), radicchio, fennel, carrots and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Return the pears to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates. Top with the warm salad and sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 2 Variation: Halve the ingredients and prepare the recipe in a large nonstick skillet instead of a Dutch oven.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 384
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Potassium: 1284mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2