- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion mix
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce c diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce ca chickpeas, rinsed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion mix; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, coarsely grind coriander seeds, caraway seeds and salt in a spice grinder, dry blender or mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in paprika and cayenne.
Add garlic and the spice mixture to the skillet; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and chickpeas; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook at a lively simmer until slightly thickened, 8 to 12 minutes. Season with pepper.
Break eggs into separate halves of the pan, taking care not to break the yolks. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the eggs are set, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 259
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- Potassium: 231mg
- Sodium: 564mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2