- 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small clov garlic, minced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (1-1 1/4 pounds total)
To make salsa: With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a bowl, cut orange segments from their surrounding membranes. Stir in onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
To make chicken: Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add coriander, cumin and pepper; toast, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and add salt.
Preheat grill or broiler.
Coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Grill or broil on a lightly oiled rack until the chicken is opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top with the salsa.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Potassium: 387mg
- Sodium: 426mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1