- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 teaspoon p extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Position racks in lower third and middle of oven; preheat to 450°F.
Break linguine into pieces about 3 inches long. Cook the broken linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Press to remove excess water. Transfer to a large bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon oil and set aside.
Toss asparagus, scallions and bell peppers in a large bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Divide the vegetables between 2 large baking sheets, spreading them in an even layer.
Roast for about 10 minutes, stir the vegetables and switch the positions of the baking sheets. Continue roasting, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and well-browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Add the vegetables to the linguine and toss to combine. Add Parmesan and vinegar and toss again.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 316
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Potassium: 411mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3