- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 16- to 18- prepared plain polenta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 2 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 pint blackberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Hot sauce, to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mixture all over polenta. Rub the rest into both sides of chicken. Cut the polenta crosswise into 8 slices. Rub the cut sides of nectarine halves with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Place the chicken, polenta slices and nectarines on the grill. Grill the polenta until hot and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Grill the nectarines, turning occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes total. Grill the chicken, until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken and nectarines to a cutting board. Coarsely chop the nectarines. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
While the chicken rests, combine the chopped nectarines, blackberries, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Layer the polenta, chicken and fruit salsa on 4 plates and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 317
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 458mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2