- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 14-ounce c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 6-ounce ca chunk light tuna packed in water, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 plump head garlic, roasted (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon capers, rinsed, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Thin lemon slices for garnish
- Fresh parsley, preferably Italian flat-leaf, for garnish
Place chicken in a large skillet or saucepan. Pour broth over the chicken; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Immediately turn the chicken over with tongs or a fork, cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let steep until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate, letting the chicken cool in the broth.
Place tuna and anchovies in a food processor and process until very smooth. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the skins into the processor. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, capers, olive oil and mustard. Blend until very smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Slice the chicken on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Spread one-third of the tuna sauce on a serving platter. Arrange the chicken on the sauce, then cover with the remaining sauce. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator a few minutes before serving. Garnish with lemon slices, capers and parsley.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 204
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Potassium: 321mg
- Sodium: 414mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2