- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, or kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Mix in thyme.
Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just opaque in the center, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Potassium: 682mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Exchanges: 4 1/2 very lean protein, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0