- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 19-ounce c lentil soup
- 1 14-ounce c diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fusilli
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up clumps with a fork, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add lentil soup and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil (or parsley) and season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with sauce and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 473
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Potassium: 346mg
- Sodium: 837mg
- Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2