- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs, (about 20 cookies)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 20 ounces low-fat cottage cheese, (2 1/2 cups)
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (1 1/2 cups), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites, or 4 teaspoons dried egg whites, reconstituted according to package directions
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream, (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat oven to 325°F. Put a kettle of water on to heat for the water bath. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap the outside bottom of the pan with a double thickness of foil.
To prepare crust: Combine crumbs and oil in a bowl. Press into the bottom of the pan.
To prepare filling & bake cheesecake: Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the workbowl once or twice. Add cream cheese, sugar and 3 tablespoons cornstarch; process until smooth. Add egg, egg whites, sour cream, vanilla and salt; blend well. Measure 3 1/2 cups of the batter into a separate bowl; stir in lemon juice. To the remaining filling, add pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch; blend well.
Pour about 1 cup of the vanilla filling into the center of the crust. Then pour about 1 cup of the pumpkin filling into the center of the vanilla filling. Alternate the remaining fillings in the same manner; concentric circles will form as they spread. To create a marbled effect, gently swirl a knife or skewer through the fillings.
Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come 1/2 inch up the side of the springform pan.
Bake the cheesecake until the edges are set but the center still jiggles, about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven. Coat a knife with cooking spray and run it around the edge of the cake. Let stand in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour. Transfer from the water bath to a wire rack; remove foil. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chilled.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 221
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Potassium: 174mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2