- 1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (see Tip)
- 1 bunch scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Toss shrimp with salt, cayenne to taste and turmeric in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; place the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the undersides turn salmon-pink, about 1 minute. Flip them over and cook for 1 minute more.
Add mango, scallion greens and basil and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just cooked and starts to barely curl, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Potassium: 478mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: