April 9, 2014
Whether you’re a professional athlete or simply interested in living a healthier lifestyle, developing new habits is critical to your success. But as the saying goes, old habits die hard and incorporating new ones takes time for the behavior to become second nature. Although it can be challenging, slowly incorporating healthier habits will help you feel good, look great and eventually reach your goals.
Think you could identify a few concepts to help you live your personal best? Test your knowledge and find out.
1. You should limit your intake of which of the following foods?
2. A good visual tool for approximating a 1-cup serving when measuring cups are not available would be a _____________.
3. How many minutes of moderately intense physical activity should you strive to get each week?
4. To burn an extra 300 calories, the average person would have to walk at a brisk pace for _____ minutes.
5. Which of the following is considered a saturated fat?
6. The best way to build muscle is to make sure that you include strength or resistance training each day of the week.
Gina Crome is a Registered Dietitian and ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach. She holds a dual Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology as well as a Masters in Public Health Nutrition from Loma Linda University whereby she received the Selma Andrews Award for Excellence and Professionalism. Over the past 20 years, Gina’s mission has focused on guiding individuals towards gaining a better quality of life. She has previously struggled with her own weight issues and has since lost a total of 172 pounds, driving her passion home to promote healthier lifestyles. Gina is available for media interviews and community appearances and she is the author of various online nutrition and fitness columns.