Based on recent understandings about the fascial system, exercise should be considered as a series of integrated movement patterns as opposed to isolated muscle actions. That research has inspired us to create this new workshop, meant to replace our Functional Training & Assessment Workshop. The new format will help you develop an understanding of integrated anatomy and learn coaching techniques for movement-based exercise that can help your clients reach their goals. You’ll also review the science behind movement-based training and how to use the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) model for exercise program design.
You will learn:
- To describe how fascial structures function as integrated systems to accelerate, stabilize and decelerate movement
- Postural assessments to identify compensated posture in all three planes of motion
- Relationship between mobility and stability along the kinetic chain
- Proper progressions for teaching integrated movement patterns
- To teach clients exercises based on primary movements of the human body
- Techniques to develop and implement movement-based exercise programs to promote movement efficiency
Please note that there are no pre-requisite educational requirements for the Movement-Based Exercise workshop.
After attending the workshop a 10-question, multiple choice assessment and optional evaluation will be available in your My ACE Account. Assessments must be completed in order to earn 0.8 CECs and to print out your certificate.
For registration questions, please call ACE's Program Coordinator at 800-825-3636 ext. 713. For details on refunds or rescheduling your workshop, please view the ACE Refund/Reschedule Policy.